As a parent, your biggest decision when it comes to your children’s shoes will be what to do about the size of your kids’ sandals. You know that there are different shoe sizes for different seasons and foot shapes.
It is a good idea to have your kid’s sandals sized by the end of summer because the size goes through the roof in summer and goes right back down to his or her normal shoe size in the winter. You may also want to do this for girls’ sandals as well, especially if you have only one child.
Here are some things you should know about shoe sizes:
- There is a famous Nordic visitor’s shoe sizes chart which is used all around the world. This chart was made by a Nordic tourist, but it can be used by people of other cultures and shoe sizes. The chart can easily be found on the Internet. You can use this chart to find the proper shoe size for your children. If you have an extra 2 inches to spare, it is recommended to buy shoes that are larger than Nordic visitor’s sizes.
- Half-size means the width of the shoe. You will want to measure both the heel and the toe. Once you have the measurements for the heel and the toe, you will have to find the difference between the two numbers. This number tells you how big of a heel you should get for your children. For example, half-size is one inch less than an inch and a half-size is two inches less than an inch.
- The height of the heel should be two fingers less than the height of your children’s finger or about two inches. This measurement should be taken from the base of the heel to the tip of the toes with the hands in a neutral position. If you ask your pediatrician that shoes should work best with their kids, he or she may provide you with the results within a few minutes.
Your feet swell during the summer months. You need to know which charts fit your particular foot shape because if you are buying these types of shoes for your children, they are going to have very active seasons. When you go to the store to purchase sandals or slingbacks for your children, be sure to consider these factors.
If you need to go to a professional shoe retailer to order your lady’s sandals or slingbacks, the staff members there will be able to help you with the sizing process. If you choose to go to a local department store to purchase the footwear, you will be able to ask the clerk which charts fit your particular size.
- High Heels: Do not purchase sandals with high heels because the resulting feeling will be very painful. The high heels will create a slipping motion which increases the risk of falling while walking. The low heel, on the other hand, provides natural support for the wearer which reduces stress and allows you to move freely.
- Slingbacks Pumps: Ladies often wear slings back boots because of their comfort and flexibility. These types of shoes are popular among women who have a regular jobs and are unable to wear high heels because of pain, foot issues, and other ailments. There is not one specific shoe style that fits all, but there are several styles that can accommodate different leg lengths. Most shoe stores have a special section of footwear for women who are looking for suitable alternatives to wearing high heels.
Knowing how to measure sandals is important for any woman who is planning on purchasing a pair of shoes for her children or herself. Although the process might be tedious, you must be able to get the most accurate information so that you can make the proper fit selection. If you need help in selecting the correct size, you can ask your local shoe boutique or visit the website of the American Podiatric Medical Association to download a helpful sizing chart. This chart will allow you to determine how many sizes you need to purchase so that you will be able to get the right fit.